Tascam 2488 multi effects

Bill Harris

Gear owned
Tascam 2488
So I have a tune I'm working on and I have a guitar track that I have used the inboard effects on. I have a second guitar track that I also want to use effects on but can't figure out how to have the inboard effects on both. If I assign the effects to the new guitar track, the first guitar track is clean but if I reassign the effects to the first guitar track, the second track is clean. How do I get effects on both at the same time?

You can't use the inboard effects on more than one track at a time. However, you could record (bounce) the desired guitar effect to a new track and do the same for each recorded track to get what you want.

Or turn the effect position to record when recording the track and the track will be recorded with the effect. Then repeat for next tracks.

Reactions: Mort Sylvester
Thanks for responding. So how do I turn the effect position to record when recording the track?

Open guitar effect screen - use the cursor buttons to get to "Position" and use the jog wheel to choose REC.

Cool. I shall give that a try and thanks for the help. I've had the recorder a couple of years but have used amps and pedals for efx but recently decided to try the onboard ones and could not figure out how to make this happen. I thank you again.

Bill, I guess I can't read well. The info I posted is for the DP-24 or 32, not the 2488 as you reqested. I really don't recall how they work on the 2488 but I will look into it and try to answer. So sorry.

Are there other users that can help answer this?

Greg,

In order to help you could you list the steps you take when using the effects.

You can't use the inboard effects on more than one track at a time. However, you could record (bounce) the desired guitar effect to a new track and do the same for each recorded track to get what you want.

Or turn the effect position to record when recording the track and the track will be recorded with the effect. Then repeat for next tracks.

This was driving me insane. Thanks for answering his question (and mine).

For all the bells and whistles on the neo you would think FX on more than one track at a time would be a snap. Oh well.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.