TASCAM 38 won't fast forward / rewind, blown fuse?

ejones

In edit mode the capstan spins and play works, but out of edit mode nothing working. My working theory is that a fuse is blown, but I'm having trouble getting to the fuse board. Does anyone have any insight for me?

Remove plastic back,then remove"bonnet"-metal shell.You can get at the fuse block-but most likely not a fuse problem.

Problems like these can be difficult to figure out remotely. I work on decks but a lot of the time people tell me it only needs a belt or it must be a fuse. They make my job easier in that I don't have to work on their stuff if that is all that is wrong. Of course like wrkbee says, it is most likely NOT a fuse. I would make sure the edit switch works as in releases from edit mode but there could be a dozen other reasons it does not work and that will only be found out by good technical searching on the deck. In other words I can not tell you what was wrong with it until I found and fixed it. Not trying to be difficult- if there was an easy answer I am the type to just tell you what it was.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.