Tascam 688 accessory port 2 pin 7

telengard

Gear owned
688,424 mki,Porta 5
According to the service manual, it seems you can set the 688 to EXT, apply a periodic signal to pin 7, and it has an effect on pitch. They mention this as a part of calibration, and to apply a 9.6 Khz signal. I'm trying to utilize it as a "remote" pitch control with a signal generator and well, it's not working as I was hoping.

I feel like maybe I'm missing a piece of the puzzle on exactly how the external syncing works. If you have a Midiizer connected, it's converting SMPTE to whatever is sent over to the slave, say the 688 over the accessory 2 port. Going by what it says in the service manual, it does seem that way. The schematic also shows that signal going through some inverters and switches and eventually right to one of the motor inputs.

Just wondering if anyone has tried fiddling with this or has some understanding of how this would (or could) work.

Also, does anyone know what the limits are of the circuit. Will it only stay within the same +/- range as VAR, or can you go further out of range up or down?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.