Tascam ATR60 2T Reel Motor replacement

Mixmaster2006

Gear owned
Tascan ATR60
Hi everybody,

hopefully I get some help here. I am based in Switzerland and own a analog mixing studio.
I bought a ATR60 /16 and the ATR 60 2T was with the package. It is a great machine and all works despite the fact that someone destroyed the reel tape plate. The motor is bend and the axel is not straight anymore. I know the part number, can I use the motor form the TASCAM 38 as well? any ideas?

Regards

b.

They have different motors, the ATR60 is 40W whereas the 38 is 20W, and some mechanical details are slightly different. The ATR60 motor is available on the market too, usually these motors live forever, so just look for a cheaper purchase..
But it is possible that the nest on the reel table is bent only, the axe is quite rugged. Alos, if the axe got bent, the reel table must not have survived for sure, so check it too. Unfortunately reel tables for these machines are much more difficult to obtain, since they are quite weakly constructed.

Hi there, thanks for fast reply. Got the broken part of the reel table. eBay Great Britain. Unfortunately if you view form the top you see the axel move. its bent. Motors at the moment only US version that's HS. Different part #. If anyone here having a ATR for parts. more then welcome to contact me. maybe the machine looks so good because if that problem never been fixed. Heads like new!

Tascam Ninja may help you, depending on availability. The best if you speak to John at sales@tascamninja.com, he knows what machine is on his inventory that is going to be parted, also he is quite knowledgable in the compatibility of parts from different machines. My personal opinion is that the HS version has the same reel motor as the normal one.

great, thanks. I need the Autolocator as well got 2 x ES50 and 1 x ES51. but that's not the way I like to operate. I need big keys!! email sent!

Last edited:

New threads

Members online