Tascam DM4800 error, all sound stopped

pablinimaxd

Gear owned
tascam dm4800
Hi, This is Pablinimaxd, I am the owner of a Tascam DM4800, I used it for a while (7 years). Now I upgrade my studio with some expensive stuff and its heart is the DM4800.

I was recently working on a production and the console stopped playing the sound and I got this error on the LCD screen "The audio device is not operating normally. All Sound Stopped. Please contact TASCAM Service" This has never happened before and now I don't know why is the reason for that has happened. Apparently everything has been working well. All other parameters work, but the console clock is constantly jumping without stopping. I use Pro tools 12 with Mac OSX High Sierra on a Mac Pro 5.1 Quad Core Intel Xeon with 32GB RAM. I have tried restarting the console, disconnecting everything, even disconnecting it from my Mac, as soon as the device turns on this error comes out, I have a Tascam Firewire MK II card installed in the console, I have tried taking out the card and reconnecting it, I have even turned on the console without connect the card and without the mac and the error persists. Please if anyone has experienced something similar I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks and best regards

Hi and sorry to ear this !! i d say it's a problem with the memory where the drivers are running OR maybe an issue with the juice ( 220 Volts ) ...did You change something in the electrical instalation recently ?? Anyway good luck with Your problem !!! fingers crossed ))

@pablinimaxd Or the mainboard. Hate to be the bearer of bad news! Search for posts related to mainboard.

Ok I found that the error is with the mainboard, I bought a used DM3200 Mainboard and already installed into the board, but it seems that the 3200 mainboard is not compatible with the dm4800 cause only the half of the buttons and faders are working, I can't use the other buttons, it cost me around 300 usd but is a replacement of a 3200 not 4800 so I am still having bad luck with it. I don't know if there is any way to reset the mainboard to make it works into de dm4800

There sort of is a way. I recently made a post about how to convert a DM3200 mainboard to a DM4800 mainboard. not the easiest thing but it works.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.