Tascam dm4800 + yamaha kx88 + reason how to configure them?

Claudio.86

Gear owned
TASCAM DM-4800
Hello to all guys I hope you can help me .

Recently I was able to buy these two beautiful the Tascam 4800 and the legendary Yamaha kx88 I wanted for years . The problem is that I could not make anything work. I can not configure properly . I would simply , taking the yamaha kx88 connected to the mixer that is connected via USB to the PC , hear and record my songs on the piano by Reason DAW . ( I know it sounds I can hear them only via pc because I do not keep connected the mixer via the firewire port being my laptop with no firewire port . ) Currently works for me to listen to my songs via PC but I would like the opportunity to use the my master keyboard and mixer .

How can I do? The manual is not giving me any help. I hope you can help me .

Thanks so much

You need the Firewire to hear thru your DAW. The Firewire is in that case the Audio Interface.

By the way, I had a KX76, the Pratt & Reed keyboard lighter version of the KX88, for touring during many years during the 80's. The KX units were plagued by a MIDI velocity problem that you may suffer with the new libraries with dozens of layers. Check if yours emits velocities over 112... The fact is that they never output velocities up to 127. Unless it's been fixed by some chip update later.

Hi
Can someone help me?

Now the mixer is connected with firewire cabple to the pc.
How do setup the PC, the DAW the DA488 and the Yamaha kx88?

Thanks

New threads

Members online

No members online now.