Tascam Dp-008ex "Weird Digital"sound

Nikolas Urruzmendi

Hey everyone New here, this is actually my first post.

A couple of month ago a Lended my tascam Dp-008ex to a "firend" for a Shoot that he was doing with a client.. (cheap client soooo i just gave it to him), thing is a couple of weeks later I recorder a couple of things and noticed that once in a while i heard a sound, I say its like a digital sound... but its bascally a "eeeeeeeeeee" "weeeuuuweeeeeuuuu" sound... I know i am great at explaining it, i am attaching a file to this post.

didnt gibve it much thought, I thought It might be cellphones or something since there was a lav mic involved... Thing is about three weeks ago I tried because of a shoot I have in may and heard it again after trying a couple of times. I sent it to a repair shop and after three weeks and charging me a bunch they said it was fixed... Got it again tried a couple of times, and after a while started hearing it again..

They said that it got wet... Probably that is true, They said to try it with just the batteries and not plugged... I havent heard it yet but probably will, Ill keep cheiong tomorrow... what do you guys think it could be?

I would contact Jim Finch as he knows that stuff more than I. It might be one of those throw away products. The question is how wet did it get just the outside or dropped in water? There is a large difference between the two.
Jim= alomeli20@yahoo.com

Hey! thank you!

Ill definetly see if I can send na email to Jim.. I actually live in a small county in south america, so Its not that i could send the equipment to him but at least see if he can give me some pointers if this doesnt get resolved.

Honestly no idea how much water, or even if it was water that fell onto it... hopfully it wasnt that much, but the service was expensive for my country so it probably was bad. I sent it back since the issue actualy persist, hopefully it will get resolved..

thank you!

New threads

Members online