Tascam dp-01fx/cd mic inputs not working

Vinnyb

From
Azusa, California
Website
vinnyb.bandcamp.com
Gear owned
DP-01FX/CD, 2488,
To the men and women of knowledge in the home recording and tascam communities ...its seems to me my DP-01FX/CD has decided to not let me use my mic "BLUE BLUEBIRD" anymore...both mic input have cutout and dont work...If I yell it might sometimes register and the meters will show up, maybe one or two segments...Ive bought new XLR cables....i get a signal going into my pre amp "BEHRINGER ULTRAGAIN PRO MIC2200" the mic does work, but going into the DP-01 I lose the signal....besides taking it in to get repaired $$$.... is there anyone in here who has experienced this? is there any other options? or something else I can try?.. THANK YOU in advance ...YOU ALL ARE THE BEST
VINNYB

I'm not familiar with the DP-01, but if it has a line input you could use the Behringer preamp.

-MJK- Mr Moderator! THATS IT!...its been so long since I played in a band or performing live I didnt even think about the line in..meaning just using it for guitar, bass, drum machine...I forgot about slapping a transformer on the end of that XLR cable and into the line in....problem solved THANK YOU so much!..... one more question if i may? do I need to leave on the phantom power??? or should i turn it off? THANK YOU again -Mjk-:)

Reactions: -mjk-
Phantom power is for powering condenser microphones. If you have a condenser mic, then yes, you may power it with phantom power on the device it is plugged into. You don't need phantom power on line inputs, so if you're going to use the Behringer preamp, then, Behringer on, Tascam off.

Don't thank me - I'm not smart enough to have noticed you accidentally posted this in the wrong forum, lol! No harm done - moved now.

Reactions: Vinnyb

New threads

Members online