Tascam DR-05 won't record phone calls. Can you help?

Detta

Gear owned
tascam dr 05
Hi there

A few years ago I began recording phone interviews for a project. Roll forward to today Ive forgotten how I did it. But this is what I remember.

Insert splitter into external mic port on Tascam

One TRS cable - one end plugged into mobile phone headphone jack and the other end into one side of the splitter

Lapel mic plugged into other side of the splitter

Headphones plugged into Tascam

I've done all of this but the Tascam is not recording people I'm calling. It is not picking up any audio

If I play music on my phone it will record that but no audio via calls

I do not know what I am doing wrong can anyone help? I would be so grateful!

Thanks in advance

Hey thanks fore replying. My cable is a TRS and the Y splitter is TRS too. the strange thing is I used this exact same equipment before and it works dine with my iPhone 6 and now that phone has died I am trying to do it with a Samsung A10 and although the task records music being played on the phone it won't record a phone call .....and It really is most important to get the audio from the person speaking on the other end of the phone I care record my questions afterwards. Any tips?

yes sorry just realised you said TRRS - the thing is I didn't use that cable before and all was fine but if you think it will Mak a difference I'll go buy one.

If you had it working w a different phone, and the same tascam gear, it sounds like a phone issue.

Also you may want to carefully diagram it, you may have something plugged in backwards to the way you used to remember doing it.

Hey there the problem has been resolved. Mixerizer it was most definitely he phone. `I got an apple adapter to use on my current iPhone and it worked like a charm!!! thanks for your help much appreciated

Reactions: mixerizer
awesome, the forum comes to the rescue again!

and Welcome !

If you don't mind, I'd like to know the exact adaptor you used. Thanks.

New threads

Members online