Tascam FW 1082 won't start, just stop button lights up

Paul Hirsch

Hi, i have a 1082 problem and hope you can help me. i use my unit maybe one year and it worked fine. The last few times when i started it, it did not start right away ,and when it did the complete set of lights was on longer as normal.

In the last week, it was taking longer and longer before the Tascam started and, today, the only light to start was the "Stop" button... and not more. No more light on the computer button or elsewhere, whether i have the fire wire cable plugged in it or not.

looking forward to hear from you. Peace

Reactions: Dave K
still the same, tascam service was telling me how to reset but this did also not work.
Paul

I have the same problem and trying to find where it comes from... It does work again for like 15 minutes when i turn it off but then everything turns off again except the light for the stop button... also one thing i noticed was that the led light on the power supply was fading out considerably with time then goes back to full when i turn off the FW-1082. Therefore it makes me believe that the problem could come from the power supply but i can't be sure as i don't have another power supply to compare and can't afford 48€ to buy a new one just to do a test and eventually find out that this was not the issue...

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Take care

I know this is an old topic, but mine's doing the same thing. Regardless of whether or not the FireWire cable is connected, all I get on powerup is the STOP button. Bought the 1082 from eBay which, according to the seller, was in "perfect cosmetic and working condition." Not too happy right now, as I was REALLY looking forward to mixing without having to do the majority of the work with a mouse.

This sounds like the issue described in Service Bulletin o341r.

Symptom: Occasionally the unit does not boot. At this time,
only STOP LED lights.
Cause: +5 V has been supplied to U16 (PLL, Main FW PCB Assy)
from two different sources.
If there is a time difference between them upon booting,
U16-14 will not generate the internal clock causing no boot.

Solution: Supply +5 V from an identical source (U49-3).
This change has been made on the products with S/No. 0080551 and higher.

HTH,
Tom

Same problem here. For the last couple of years my FW-1082 had been making buzzes and whinings and whistlings, right into the audio path (also creating audio artifacts and distortions on audio inputs) every time I would start it up and it was unusable until it was totally "warmed up", which could take some minutes. It eventually stopped working at all and I'm now left with that stop led syndrome. I first suspected my chinese replacement power adapter (original failed years ago) but it's still giving the right voltage. Given the noises the Tascam used to make I supected something had gone wrong with some analog components inside so I opened it up to inspect for some visual evidence… to find out that some components had leaked over the power board and it had developped corrosion on most solder joints. Because I have no idea which component(s) failed, I'm now looking for a spare power board but they don't come easy, nor cheap.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.