tascam fw1082 - windows 7 64 bit

Erik09

I've been trying to get it to work for two days now, but I just cannot get the fw1082 to work on my new windows 7 / 64 bit. This is a new system with a firewire card with TI chipset.

The strange thing is, when I look at the Windows device manager, everything seems to be working well. The fw1082 is listed, and the firewire card as well (I have already selected the "legacy" driver-version, for those who have examined this issue before). I installed the newest tascam drivers (1.8) .

I actually got it working with a standalone VST version of truepianos for ten seconds. Then it said the engine stopped and I could not fire it up again. But at least that shows that a signal is (was) coming through.

I also plugged it back into my old XP system and everything worked fine then, so it's not the device.

It would really be a pity to loose the fw1082 ; I liked it soo much on my old XP. Current setup:

Windows 7 64 bit
Firewire card with Texas Instruments chipset
intel core i5-3570k
16 Gig RAM

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

Erik

I have been searching the web for a time now looking for the same answer to your question. I was wondering if you have figured it out yet. I too have the exact same problem. I use the FW 1884. I get no sound and the control/remote functions do not consistently work. I am using nuendo 4 on windows 7 64 bit system. If you have any more incite as to what I can do to fix the problem that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

James

Hi James,

I'm affraid I never got it to work again. I ended up buying a new device (Focusrite).

Good luck,

Erik

New threads

Members online

No members online now.