Tascam M-06 - Newbie Advice Please

AfxTwn

Gear owned
Tascam M-06
Hi, I am fairly new to recording and making music in general so please bear with me. I have just bought a Tascam M-06 6-channel stereo mixer from ebay (it only cost me £12.50 - I'm in the UK btw - so I thought it was a bargain at that price) but it doesn't have a manual with it and I'm not a 100% sure how to connect things to mixers and this one in particular to get the best results.

I have quite a bit of equipment but will probably only only use 4-6 pieces of it at any one time. I was hoping to be able to connect the mixer either my computer's Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface for recording or to my M-Audio AV30 speakers (they have a 3.5mm aux-in on the front).

From the images I've seen online of the M-06 it looks like it has both RCA and jack inputs but I'm not sure which ones to use. Basically I have a couple of old Casio keyboards I'd like to connect (MT-68 and MT-520, the 68 has a mono RCA out or headphone out and the 520 has a stereo RCA or headphone out) as well as some other bits and pieces like my Korg Monotribe, Korg Kaoss Pad 3, Korg Kaossilator Pro and some guitar effects pedals such as my Boss DD-3 delay pedal.

Both the KP3 and Kaossilator Pro have RCA and jack inputs and RCA outs so I could connect things into them (such as connecting the Casio MT-68 to the KP3 for effects) and then output the KP3/KPro to the mixer.

I don't understand if I will get stereo or mono from the mixer using either jack or RCA cables.

Thanks for any help.

New threads

Members online