Tascam m-1600 as an audio interface?

basscab

Gear owned
Tascam msr-16, m-1600 mix
I'm currently recording on my computer, with a direct line from my Kenwood receiver (phono, CD, tape, etc) via the tape-out channel in the rear panel, everythings GREAT, NO PROBLEMS!!
What I would like to do is connect the receiver to the Tascam M-1600, and then out of the M-1600 to the computer, so the mixer would act as an audio interface of sorts. Can this be done?
The following are what's available on the M-1600 mixer: Stereo sub inputs, Stereo outputs,
2Tr inputs balanced, monitor inputs, Aux sub inputs, Aux sends, & all the effects returns What would be the way to do this?? Thanks Greg

If you connect the mix stereo outs from the M1600 to the computer it will be the same as the tape out from the kenwood. I am assuming that there is some kind of interface between the kenwood and the computer?

Alan.

Alan, there is no interface from the Kenwwod to the computer, other than the Kenwood itself. So from the M-1600 to the computer use the stereo outs (L&R) to the computer Great, now what about from the Kenwood to the M-1600?? Would I use the stereo sub imputs?? Thanks Greg

You can connect the keyword to tape in, aux in, line in on 2 channels etc etc, can I ask why you want to do this and not jus use it as you were? You are just adding another stage in line?

Alan

Thanks Alan, I'll use the Aux sub inputs (L&R) from the Kenwood receiver, and see what happens. As far as why am I doing this, well the current set-up on the Kenwood, is a 4 in- 1 out situation, and I wanted to see if I could use the individual mixer channels to add instrument, mics, etc. as well as retaining what's already connected to the Kenwood reciever. The end goal is to have everything being able to record into the computer and from there to CD. If this is a screwy to do this, I guess I'll find out, unless you could tell me a better way....Thanks again Alan, Greg

New threads

Members online

No members online now.