Tascam Model 12 Knobs

tangucho

Gear owned
Tascam Model 12
Hello all,

Is there any guide on how to remove Tascam Model 12? Are those of any special size or specs?

My intention is to replace the stock knobs with some dark-glowing knobs. I want to be sure I get the proper ones...

Thank you

@tangucho welcome to the forum! Don't know of any guide for removing the knobs, they are likely the common D-shaft type. IMO you should be able to remove them easily by pulling with your fingers, if the knobs are too tight try gently prying from the bottom using two plastic levers positioned at the opposite sides of the knob. Just what is needed for pulling any average knob on any average mixer (just to speak).

Reactions: -mjk-
I know it is a dumb question but

1) Pulling them off does not work
2) Use a plastic card to lever them does not work either.

You could just paint them with glow paint.

Why did you buy the new knobs without verifying the pot position relative to the shaft orientation on the Model 12? If you get the knobs off and the orientation is wrong, what then?

Reactions: Max Relic
@tangucho I know Chroma Caps are popular among DJ and live performers and understand your urgency to upgrade your Model knobs, but logic suggests you should:
1 - take off at least one knob to identify the exact type
2 - order the right replacement parts

Anyway, I confirm the Model knobs are *tight* so you better find those hard plastic levers used in pc/phone repair*. Don't know if a common guitar knob puller could do with the thin ones in the Model.
@-mjk- If the replacement knobs are the wrong type our friend @tangucho will return them and ask for the right parts, hopefully learning something in the process.

*= Put a protection layer between the Model surface and levers in order not to scratch the graphics. Unless you plan to do a relic treatment, of course.

Reactions: -mjk-
Thank you both @-mjk- and @Max Relic , I confirmed with some pictures that parts with 270 degrees as offered in DJ Tech Tools would fit. Just to let you know that they have a policy of full refund if the knobs does not fit the equipment (if the gear is not listed in their compatibility list - which is the case).

At least there is that. But shipping returns is always a drag.

New threads

Members online