TASCAM Model 12 phones jack presenting issues

Ethan42069

Gear owned
TASCAM Model 12
Hi everyone,

I have seen a few other people have this issue and I havent seen any solutions on this forum.

The headphone jacks on my model 12 have become extremely prone to distortion, as well as they are now exclusively Mono outputs regardless of any changes I make inside a DAW or to the console.

Stereo audio in and out of DAW controller mode is being accurately represented on the meters as stereo. If channel 1 is muted, so is the L channel, if channel 2 is muted, so is the R channel, even though it is displaying accurately on the mixer, I will still be able to hear either channel in both headphones when the other is muted. When outside of DAW controller mode and channels 1/2 are not automatically stereo, it does not matter how I pan tracks, they all come through the headphones as mono, despite that they used to come through as stereo.

I have also had an issue where no matter how quiet the signal is, there will always be very audible digital distortion in my headphones. Inside ableton signals peak at -10dB, and on the meters they peak at -30dB, but as soon as I raise the HP volume I get a very awful distortion.

This has happened suddenly, and nobody else on these forums seems to have a solution to this problem, so I have a terrible feeling my unit has shit itself.

If anybody has had the same issue and knows a fix, or if they are aware of this being a known or unfixable issue, that information would also be valuable.

New threads

Members online