Tascam model 16 DAW Connectivity

Patrick Carlbark

Gear owned
Tascam Model 16
Hello!

I have just bought a Tascam Model 16 and everything works fine but connecting it to my DAW as an audio interface.

i have watched all the videos and read all that i can about it but i cant get it to work

drivers are installed, windows is updated, they are on the same bit and hz and it sits on its own usb root hub.

it works in windows, like i get sounds then but when in my DAW (Fruity Loops 20) it just dosnt happen anything, i use Model 16 Asio but i cant press play, i get no signals no nothing and it keeps on loosing connection (I have tried different ports to)

starting to think i need a more Premium Usb-cable?

anyone had any experience with this and can help me?

DAW: Fruity Loops 20
Using a pc i7 core and windows 10

No knowledge on FruityLoops, sorry.

During Christmas break I had two weeks off work so I took a crazy deep dive into learning ins and outs of recording in order to get my band’s song recorded reasonably well and to start creating my own songs and Bass jams. So I was trialing various DAWs at the same time as learning the Model 12/16. After getting each of the DAW’s to recognize the Model X as the active Audio Interface, I threw had pretty much easy and equal success in Studio One, Reaper, Abelton and Harrison’s MixBus (which I understand has aspects of Audacity as part of its inner workings) in terms of getting tracks and buses to and from the Model 16 and 12.

As an aside I ended up sticking with MixBus (for mixing) and Reaper (for MIDI) as my two DAWs that just “clicked” with me to begin my longer term deeper learning journey. And they are priced nicely!

Reactions: -mjk-
Don't know FL, but all DAW's are going to have a setup menu, in that setup window what are you seeing? Is FL recognizing recognizing your model 16? If it is seeing it then it may be you have to setup your routing, but one step at a time.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.