Tascam Model 16 USB & Line in simultaneously

skgdms

Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Tascam Model 16, and while I've gone through the forum and read the manual I have a real specific question to ease my brain before I make the purchase. I'm pretty sure I've got the answer down but just want to be 100 percent. I remember begging my parents back when I was 14 for a Portastudio for Christmas and would love to return to Tascam!

I've gone through the block diagram, I would just love for someone to confirm that the line in can be used simultaneously with the track in PC/USB mode, so the channel would be split. For example with channel 1 in PC/USB mode:

A synthesizer plugged into line in of channel 1, with it's signal chain being the gain pot, LPF and COMP before going through USB and hitting the track in the DAW with channel 1 assigned as the input. Then with that same DAW track assigned to channel 1 as the output, the signal should return over USB and pass through the rest of the channel (EQ/AUX/Fader etc) on it's way to the sub/main track on the Model 16 depending on how it's routed?

My DAW setup is mostly based around manging samples, a couple of VSTs and some external synths (sometimes through effects in the DAW) but I want to return to the analog desk mixdown feel. I appreciate any help.

Skeg

New threads

Members online

No members online now.