Tascam Model 24 aux 1 and 2 fried?

Eikopf

Gear owned
model 24
Greetings all, new here but have messed around with recording awhile.

Posting here concerning issues encountered with a used model 24 I bought off Reverb last year.
Busy, I had not done much more than some basic tracking until recently when I started trying out the routing. I found that the built in fx/aux3 out works fine, but aux 1 and 2 do not pass any signal. I spent a day trying to get something through them and am starting to conclude that they may have been fried by the previous owner, or possibly myself though I don't recall any particularly blasting moment on my watch.

Quite aware this could be operator error with settings and connections. I will search this forum and elsewhere, act on any advice I receive here and try various routing scenarios yet again, but just out of curiosity, if indeed it turns out the aux sends 1 and 2 are fried, I would be interested to know how much it might be to have the unit repaired. Thanks!

The block diagram shows a fader and a mute button on each of those "monitor" buses at the output. I suggest you download the user manual and check out the block diagram - very useful for understanding signal flow. It's unlikely that only those 2 buses happen to be damaged.

Thanks mjk. I will make sure they are un-muted when I try out the mixer next time.
I would like to think I would have caught something like that before but I could have missed it.
I actually downloaded the manual before the Model 24 arrived. Printed out a copy as well to read over.
In any case, I will let you know how it goes. Hoping for some time with it this weekend.
Thanks.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.