Tascam Model 32 Meters

gja1

Gear owned
Tascam Model 32 and 38
When I turn on my Tascam Model 32 without any inputs/outputs, both meters are active as if there is an input. It's not consistent. Sometimes they remain at rest and sometimes they move around.

Let me know what you find out? My Tascam 32 suddenly doesn't have working VU meters either!

Meters only display a DC value of one polarity and so if they do anything at all strange them the audio stage feeding them and even the RCA outs should be viewed on a scope. The 30 series is pretty new yet in comparison but they all will sooner of later need new caps. Maybe we are starting to see some first ones. You can be dealing with ultrasonic oscillation or DC cap leakage.
When I see caps made at 10V I get rid of them. More recently those Marcon brand caps are found leaking and some shorting in the Tascam 48. They deserve watching and if too many more
of them are found they will go on the regular changed parts list- they were 220uFd 16V caps.
Some were shorted, some at 130K and then some at 4Meg which were the good ones but I don't like to take chances when shipping is getting too high.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.