Tascam US-1641 Problems

gking8189

Gear owned
US-1641
Hello,

I purchased the Tascam US-1641 USB Audio Interface a while back and it functioned perfectly fine for a year or so.

One day, I powered on my computer and began to play some music through my M-Audio BX5a Deluxe Monitors that are connected to the US-1641 via TRS cables into the Right and Left Balanced Monitor inputs in the back of the interface.

Immediately I noticed that no sound was coming out of the speaker connected to the Left Balanced Input.

I know the problem lies within the Audio Interface because I've switched the cables around and the monitor that wasn't producing any sound works just fine when switched to the Right Balanced Input.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Later on though I did notice that if I turn the volume dial up on the back of the non-working speaker all the way, you can very faintly hear some sound coming through.

I'm very frustrated about this because I'm currently starting Music Production classes in college and need both speakers to function properly for obvious reasons.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

Sounds like Left output on the 1641 maybe blown and needs repair. In the meanwhile is there anything that you can output SPIDF to?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.