Tascam us-16x08 distorted sound on mac

arnozan

Gear owned
Audio Interface 16x8
I always used 16x08 on windows and it always worked smoothly, I recently bought a macbook 16 and when I use 16x8 the sound in any application (Logic, Reaper, Chrome, Spotfy) is extremely distorted, as if the interface was sending much more signal than if necessary, this happens on both main out and phones out, to assure me that this was not a problem of macbook 16 I tested with 16x8 on another older macbook of 2011 and the result was the same, the macbook 16 is running Catalina and macbook 2011 is running high Sierra, the most curious of all is that when I plug in 16x8 on a windows pc everything works normal, what can that be?

Have you loaded the Mac drivers and firmware?

Have you contacted Tascam's customer support? I had an issue when I first got my 16x08 (Window 10) and they talked me through it. If I remember, you have to make an appointment to have someone call you. Another option would be to reinstall an older version of the Mac drivers to see if this helps.

Catalina is not yet supported.

"Caution:
We are not liable for any malfunctions or damages that may occur when using a product that has not been verified for operation with macOS Catalina.
Even if results are stated as "OK", these may differ depending on your usage environment."

https://tascam.jp/int/support/news/6078

EDIT: Sorry, apparently the 16x08 is now validated, so please disregard.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.