"Teac/Tascam Model 10 // Teac Model 15" hunt

Julian Heinemann

From
Berlin, Germany
Gear owned
Msr 24, M520
Hi guys,

I've been advised, by Tascam Germany directly, to Post my inquiry here because ya'll could maybe help me out. And that's what I'm doing. I'm new to this forum, so hi everyone

So I've been trying to get a hold of these, mentioned above, mixers for quite a while now and can't seem to find them anywhere.

When I say anywhere I, of course, mean the EU. I currently reside in Berlin Germany.

Anyone that owns either one of these babies and is thinking about selling or throwing away ;) , please contact me!!!

I'd appreciate any tip or hint pointing towards a Model 15 or Model 10.

Again, I'm looking for either a Teac/Tascam Model 10 or a Teac Model 15 somewhere in Europe, in fairly good condition since I plan on using them in session a lot!

Hope to hear from ya'll and thanks in advance,

Jules

Reactions: Brandon_Crocker
I have a TEAC Model 15 in perfect condition. The entire thing has been recapped with API insides. It's a wonderful mixer.

I sent you a reply email. It makes no difference about the time difference. I'm up all night so call when you can.

As I recall working on a couple of Model 10's in Chicago they were the most basic noisy units that we came across. There a lots of models that would be better than the Model 10 with transistor technology rather than quiet op amps. I don't know if the Model 15 was the same or not. Just a warning to you before you spend a lot of money on a model 10 the Model M50 mixer was way above the model 10 performance and feature wise. This was translated to the Model M512 and the M520. Capacitor replacement in ANY old equipment- talking electrolytics is always a good idea.

Thanks for your input. This unit is one of the great. It is by far one of the best of all time. Analog that is. My console has been completely recapped and has API insides. It's hard to compete with this. For you I will make an offer. You may purchase it for $34,000 USD.

So what you are saying is that it is really not a Model 10 stock unit at all but something completely different by modification. If that is the case then you can not call it a Model 10 as it is nothing like one. A unit has to be evaluated by a stock construction not a bunch of high end op amps and other items that never originally came with the unit.

New threads

Members online