The Backstreets of My Heart

Thank you Robert. It was a challenge, but a fun one. Thank you for the opportunity to serve.

So what's the story here? Was an original recording cleaned up, or used as a basis to record new overdubs? Remixed?

This is an original tune I recorded sometime about 25 years ago on my Tascam 8 Track reel to reel tape deck. I had lost all the source files, and took the MP3 and converted it to WAV and sent it to MJ in Taiwan. He remastered it and made the song into what you hear. So, I guess you could say it was cleaned up and remixed and remastered.

Reactions: -mjk- and Arjan P
Ah, I see. Well, whatever the original quality was, the result sure sounds fine! Nice song too.

Reactions: -mjk-
hi Arjan. The original had the lead vocal panned to the right for about a 5 dB spread. The spectrum was very saturated in the low-mid. I had to adjust the mid/side ratio and then rebalance the mid to the left to compensate for the lead vocal. Also, the lead vocal was too hot in the mix. A 5 band compressor allowed me to smooth the mix out. The balancing act for the lead vocals accounts for the slightly more prominent reverb tails on the left channel. I think it sounds interesting and not like a mistake though. As Robert mentioned the original tracks are gone so all we had to work with was the stereo mix. I like the song too.

I did several iterations. Robert, is this the latest version?

Reactions: Arjan P

New threads

Members online

No members online now.