"Track Full" when importing track from computer

chueh

Gear owned
DP-006
I have a Tascam Dp-006. I am trying to import a mono track from my computer to Tascam, yet error message said "Track Full." The wav file is only ONE mono track. Please help? Thanks

I have posted this same thread under the USB port/computer sub-forum for quite sometime, yet got no reply. I am hoping I can get some responses here:

I am frustrated with this newly bought Tascam portable digital recorder. I thought that a digital device now recorded much better sound and is easier to operate. However, I was half wrong. This Tascam DP-006 is a replacement of my ancient Tascam 4-track TAPE recorder, which I LOVED. It was so straight forward. I could connect my Yamaha SY77 DIRECTLY to one of the 1/4" inputs of the tape recorder. Not a problem at all to transfer any midi or whatever sound files into the tape recorder, as long as I had the right cables to connect them.

Now, transferring music data from a midi device or computer to my new Tascam DP-006 is not as easy, but with more steps to go through. I cannot transfer any midi files from my synthesizer directly to this digital recorder. The only file accepted is WAV. Yet, I even have a problem transferring a wav file...

When I tried importing a one-track mono wav file from my computer into this digital recorder, the error message says "Track Full." Since I did not get any response in the USB port/computer sub-forum, I wrote an email to Tascam Support Dept. They told me that it meant that the track was used, and asked me to call the support. I did call, but I could only leave a message. It's been two days, yet they have not return my call.

The problem is that I did NOT have any file loaded in any of the 4 tracks. I always tried importing with the recorder freshly turned on. There was NOTHING there in any of the tracks. How can a track be full??? I did not record anything into any of the tracks then trying to import a file from a computer. I did do testing right after I read the manual recording 4 tracks, yet I erased them all. I am just not sure how this digital recorder is doing but having a phantom memory that tracks being used two weeks ago.

The only file in the recorder now is the demo which was locked. When I tried to import the wav file from my computer, I was told too that it's locked. Although I did not understand why a demo file being manufactured installed there has anything to do with importing a file which is not locked from a computer, I unlocked the demo file. The security error message was gone, yet "Track Full" always shows. Please HELP!!!

1. Make sure there is nothing on the track you are importing to, if there is nothing on the current card you could try reformatting it.
2. Make sure your card is large enough, try a larger card.
hope this helps.

Reactions: DJ X

New threads

Members online