Undo/ Redo

robertgarven

Gear owned
Tascam DP-24SD
Friends,

Was doing a few edits and messed up. I undid them and now the undo/redo button is on and I cant figure how to turn it off. I pressed it and it redid my mistakes so I re- undone them and want the button off now. Powering down or saving did not get it off.

Hope one of you can help.

Thanks so much in advance,

Rob

I mastered the song, removed the card reloaded other songs, but when I return to the song I was working on I cant get it to go away. I dont want to press it as I dont want to redo the mistake. What am I doing wrong searched here and read the manual 10 times on that page....

In Multitrack Mode, the Un-Do/Re-Do history is saved in and re-loaded from the song's .sys file.
  • If there's only one edit, the Un-Do/Re-Do Button cycles between them and doesn't light up/stay on until/unless you choose the other (less recent) edit point.
  • If your Preference setting is set to 10 rather than 1, the Un-Do/Re-Do Button is designed to light up/stay on once you choose an edit point other than the most recent one.
  • In either case, if you decide to keep the most current edit point, the Un-Do/Re-Do light turns off and the Un-Do/Re-Do Button returns you to the primary screen.
The button light status carries over from Multitrack Mode to Mixdown Mode.

In Mixdown Mode you can either initiate the Un-Do/Re-Do function or continue to select alternate edit points.

Both modes use the Home Button to exit the Un-Do/Re-Do screen after selecting a less recent edit point with the F4 button.

This feature offers the option at any time to choose to back out of, or revert to, up to 10 of your edit points.

Once you've completed your project, Menu/Song/Delete Unused will erase all the unused edit points, and that will turn off the Un-Do/Re-Do light.

Keep in mind Menu/Song/Delete Unused does other housekeeping at the same time and cannot be reversed.

Last edited:
Reactions: dctdct
The undo button behaves differently depending on the Undo History Level setting.
The light always indicates that you can undo the undo, i.e. you can change your mind and redo the operation(s) you undid.
This means the light will stay on (it is not a fault) until that situation ever changes, e.g. if you make another edit or recording, you can no longer undo your previous undo, so the light goes out.

When the Undo Level is set to 1, the undo button actually *does* the undo or redo operation.
When the Undo Level is set to 10, the undo button does *not* do this. It simply enters and exits the History screen. The undo/redo operation is done by pressing F4 when the History screen is open (after moving the highlight to the required history state).
If you have the step-by-step guide, there's a more detailed explanation of all this with screenshots, and how you can change levels at any time.

I've not investigated the Undo in Mastering mode, but I believe it is a completely separate system to the Undo in Multitrack and Mixdown modes so I presume the light will reflect the Mastering undo situation.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.