Update system and digital in / out it does not work

Maurymusic88

Gear owned
Dm 3200
Hi everyone, I'm new to the group, I'm Italian and I used the google translator. I'm sorry! I have problems with my dm 3200 suddenly I turn on and the system update screen appears, I update system vers.1.70 but I have tried them all from 1.21 -1.50 etc .. with tmc everything is fine but when I turn it back on and as before. I opened the mixer I can start it by pressing a reset button inside so it starts correctly but at this point the faders move by themselves and then the digital inputs and outputs do not go I tried to do a factory reset but everything remains as before! can someone help me? thank you
I still apologize for the incorrect english

it may be easier to understand and know how to help if you could please post pictures / screenshots of the errors and what u do inside to fix them as u say?

thanks, i hope someone can help you restore your mixer.

Hi Maury, and welcome to the forums!
You say a system update screen appears. Where? What does the screen exactly say? What computer are you connecting with (Windows / Mac)?

Reactions: mixerizer
hi all i work on windows 7 64
nuendo 10 but with computer or without the mixer acts in the same way I attach some images to make it clearer when I turn on the screen appears (photo n1) then pressing the button inside the mixer (photo n2) the machine starts everything seems ok but in reality faders move by themselves slowly with some sudden clicks and then digital in / out don't work and also adapt everything else audio routing etc works well
thanks again everyone
m5Lf3Pg
drTMD3y
4RkhJb9
g43ysM2

I would suggest you start with the mixer diagnostics: The document I linked to is the Factory Reset document, but it is also the way to get into the mixer diagnostics. You can test every item on it and hopefully it will tell you something. Here's the document: https://we.tl/t-IPX0jYtAde

Thanks for the info
but I have already tried to reset sram several times without success and in the diagnosis it gives me an error only fader / only vr read test when I raise the faders from all wrong values I raise to the maximum and some give me value 10 some 555,180,323 all crazy, all the rest in diagnosis and good

thank u for posting pics - very helpful!

if i understand correctly, the mixer starts and it goes into system update mode automatically?

that may mean that the firmware wasnt properly updated, i havent heard of this particular issue before but others here are far more experienced w fixing issues.

if firmware is incompletely loaded it may explain the fader test failure, or both could be caused by the same thing (perhaps bad memory chip not saving firmware status or fader values properly). or perhaps older firmware?

i am hoping folks here help you solve this quickly. the service manual in the link Arjan posted is super helpful - take a look if you havent and maybe u can try some of the steps there as well.

specifically, look at page 30 - see if the LED blinks indicate which error u r having (boot stop on StartUpdater etc), and note the bottom, which says firmware errors can cause the conditions above. i hope this helps!

hello thanks for the info some of you can tell me if the LEDs inside the mixer flash or are fixed because mine keep flashing so as to understand if the motherboard is gone

yes, i have 3 or 4 orange lights blinking inside the mixer at all times, in syncrony.

Thanks for the answer, at this point I don't know what to think
because my leds are also flashing maybe and the eprom that
it does not keep the update memorization even if it seems that everything goes well but when I turn it back on the usual update screen always comes out I know that I will have to look for a motherboard
Thanks again

note the sequence of the lights may give you more information, as page 30 shows.

and maybe u need different firmware?

the firmware I tried them all the existing ones
to no avail I referred to the eprom
because I read that it could be her but I don't know exactly

maybe a new motherboard, or an eprom, from someone here or tascam. good luck to u!

ps page 16 has “EEPROM TEST” utility, have you tried it?

hello sorry page 16 of what of the diagnosis? or where? thank you

I think @mixerizer means the Service Manual, which I didnt send but do have. At the moment I cannot access these files but can send them later if you want the SM.

Reactions: mixerizer
hey there - yup, arjan is right. i got the link to the folder w the service manual here on the site (perhaps a recent post or DM of Arjan’s), and page 30 and 16 of that manual might both be helpful to your diagnosis!

Thanks Arjan p there the service manual and I understand it refers to page 16 but it always concerns the diagnosis I made but it does not give me an error says that the eprom is fine thanks anyway

New threads

Members online

No members online now.