US-122 MKII: MIDI Problem

ticard

Gear owned
US-122 MKII
Hi Guys,
I just bought Tascam US-122 MKII and I have a problem with playing simple midi sound out of the interface(phones output). I do not use any other midi device like midi keyboard or something like that. I've installed the driver and i want to play some midi notes through my speakers, hopefully with low latency(that is the reason I bought the interface). I configured Cubase like it is shown in the "Cubase LE5 Quick Start Guide" manual (from here) then when I created a midi track and chose "TASCAM US-122 MKII MIDI OUT" on the track's output - there was no any sound coming out of the speakers. If I put some VST instrument as output - I can hear output sound, but there is latency and I don't want to use nor Cubase nor vst-s but just the very simple General MIDI sounds in third party, manual written software.
After two days search in the net I found this forum discussion and coppied PLWMidiMap.cpl file(as it is told in the discussion) and when i set "TASCAM...." as the default midi device in "Putzlowitschs-Vista-MIDIMapper" in control panel - again no output sound (for example when putting some midi file to be played in windows media player. Otherwise the same file is played, when the setting is "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth").

Do I miss something or there is a problem with my Tascam interface?
Any help will be appreciated.

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit OS
AMD Athlon dual code processor 4850e 2.50GHz
4GB of RAM

New threads

Members online

No members online now.