US-144MK2 Causing Ableton crash & operate extremely slow

Brandon Ramdhanie

Gear owned
US-144MKII
Howdy All,

In the past, When I used my Tascam US-144Mk2 with ableton, everything worked, fine. 2 weeks ago after plugging in the tascam in, for the first time in a while, it caused Ableton to load up extremely slowly, even once it was loaded up, it would lag constantly, and if I tried to open a project that would sometimes take 2-3 minutes, then more lagging once it was loaded up, and if I closed Ableton, it would crash instead of properly closing. What's worse, is that even if I unplugged, and uninstalled the Tascam driver, Ableton would still load slowly, and crash. The only way I was able to fix this was the completely reinstall Windows, because doing a clean install of Ableton was not enough to fix the lingering issue. Once the re-install of Windows was complete, I installed Ableton, ran it, it worked fine, but the minute I installed the Tascam driver, and plugged the Tascam in, the lagging and crashing issue resumed. As of right now, I am running audio through the MME/DirectX driver included in ableton, and I dare not plug the Tascam in. Again this issue NEVER used to happen in the past for me. I'm wondering if something maybe wrong with the Tascam Hardware. If anyone has a similar issue, or a possible solution to this problem, I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers,
Brandon

Last edited:

New threads

Members online