US-16x08 keeps losing connection

Damian

Gear owned
US-160x08
Hi all,
I am having a problem with my us16x08 where when I turn in my computer, windows 10, and the Tasman interface comes up and shows all is fine. Then when I go to open pro tools it disconnects. The orange USB light goes out and it shows no device in the interface. If i restart my computer a couple of times, turn it off and on, unplug and reply the USB in, eventually it stays connected.
Any help would be appreciated. It’s driving me crazy.
thanks

TASCAM US16X08
Pro Tools 12
HP
  • AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700 (3.2 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz burst frequency, 16 MB cache, 8 cores)
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 550 Graphics (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
  • 2 TB 7200 rpm SATA + 128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Hi!

I'm having similar problems.
I've been using the 16x08 with the same laptop for two years now. And now, suddenly, out of knowhere it starts losing connection between the laptop. Everything is fine when I turn on the computer and connect the device but the connection starts messing around when I record or playback from the daw. I use Cubase 10.5 for the recording sessions and Ableton Live when I play gigs.

It started crashing at gigs(embarrasing) and the control panel says " lost connection with the device or device not found" or something like that.

I have tried different USB ports, nothing changes.
I have tried older interface drivers, nothing changes.
I have even formated and reinstalled windows, but nothing changes.

Is it a new windows update thing?

Rainer

Hi. I ended up sorting my issue out. It turned out that I was in the wrong USB socket. The us16x08 recommends USB 2.0 and I was in 3.0. So upon finding out which port was which, I switched to the right one and haven’t had a problem since.
hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the fix Damian. Been having the same problem for the last few of months. It was causing my Samplitude Pro to freeze up intermittently as well as with Pandora and I tunes. Just switched to the USB 2.0 port and everything seems to be working properly.

Although USB3 will allow more bandwidth (more data transfer & higher channel counts) than USB2, it doesn't generally reduce round trip latency with most interfaces. It's possible that USB3 could improve latency in some cases, but the drivers, etc. would have to be changed dramatically. We most likely won't see much improvement until newer USB4 specs are implemented. Even then, we have to cross our fingers and hope that interface manufacturers will make the necessary changes to reduce latency.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Staff online

Members online