US-16X08, MacBook 12-inch and MainStage3

Bjorni

Gear owned
US-16x08
I bought a brand new Macbook 12-inch to use togheter with my US-16x8 and MainStage3. I use the gear for live performance. I play synth, run tracks and cues for the entire band. My old Mac is a 2013 Macbook pro i5, and I thought that it's just a matter of time before that one kneels during a show, let me buy a new laptop. The new one, (the 12-inch, that runs on Catalina) is the one that crashes, and I cannot figure out why.

My old Mackbook runs on 35-55% CPU use, with some high peaks when I change patch, but it has never a glitch or a chrash. My new one (Macbook 12) runs on lower CPU than the old one, gets the same peaks on patch-change, but just freezes on maximum CPU (2000%). I cannot run an entire concert without that happening.

And the odd thing is: when I run the concert on my new 12-inch without the US-16X8 connected it runs smootly and almost doesn't use CPU at all. It runs my tracks and cues with 1-2% cpu.
When I reconnect the US, it goes to 25-45% before it suddenly peaks and freezes.

So I invested in a new laptop and ended up doing this weekends show with my old gear :-(

Firmware and everything is up to date.

Any suggestions

New threads

Members online