US 16x08 Win 7, Unsigned driver issue

DerekR

Gear owned
US 16x08
Sorry if this is a common one, it is a strage issue since I have had this running on this machine before.

I am using the v3 drivers (though have also tried older versions)

Win 7 SP1

The computer complains that the drivers are unsigned and will not allow the drivers to be used, even if I select "install anyway" during installation when running the installer under admin.

I have no "US 16x08 Mixing driver" drivers showing any more either.

I have tried turning off driver signing on windows, strangely I have unsigned DMX drivers from Chromatec that have installed without issue.

Whenever I uninstall the driver, windows automatically re-installs the faulty driver, even if I select "delete driver files from disk" during uninstall.

I have tried every method I know to manually install the drivers however this is difficult as the drivers are wrapped in a .exe installer, so the only place to get them is from the system32 folder (I also can't manually delete the files from this folder even if I take ownership of them)

My best thought is that windows has somehow managed to get a corrupt file as a driver, and just keeps reinstalling it.

I was hoping someone may have had a similar experience and could give me some options.

Cheers!

The issue was that I had missed a couple of windows updates, a fully updated windows will accept the drivers.

Also the V3 drivers are buggy, working with 2.12 no problems

Glad you got it figured out.

I had the same issue with multiple computers. Every time I fresh-installed Win7 on a computer, it took almost a whole week of the computer getting updates before it recognized my 16x08.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.