US-1x2 "Error opening Sound Device"

theenngee

Gear owned
US-1x2
I've had my US-1x2 for a while now and it never worked exaclty properly. for example, it doesnt always connect to the PC on startup. This shows by the orange "USB" light blinking. To fix it, I have to unplug and replug the USB cable several times until it works.
But the current problem is purely a windows one and very recent as well as utterly breaking the device for use. With the current setup, if I attach it to my Linux laptop, it works perfectly fine.
This is how the problem manifests on Windows 10:
- When viewing the sound settings of Windows 10, the bar indicating incoming signal is completely silent, despite the green "signal" light on the device flashing and the monitoring working flawlessly when testing.
- When selecting input device, I get 3 selections possible for the US-1x2, but none work.
- When I try to use the mic in Davinci Fairlight, I get no signal no matter how I patch it in.
- When I try to use the mic in Audacity, upon pressing the record button, I get the error message "Error opening sound device. Try changing the host, recording device and the project sample rate." I tried all those three sings with all possible settings and it never changes.

Here's what DOES work:
- Monitoring directly from the US-1x2.
- Using the Phones out as my output device. Here there is another peculiarity: when selecting output device, I get "Speakers (US-1x2)" as well as "Speakers (Mixing Driver 1/2 for US-1x2)". Of those three, only the first one works as an output and it even works if I have completely scrubbed the drivers and sound panels from my computer.

I have also tried using the sound panel but nothing I change alters the outcome, be it custom or preset.

My setup:
Windows 10
Davinci Resolve 16.2
Audacity 2.2.2
Microphone: MXL 770
Headphones: ATH-M40x and AKG K702
Downloaded Driver: US-1x2_win_sp_v400

I hope someone is able to help me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with this. I currently have the same problem with my US 1x2. It's weird that uninstalling the driver makes the device work, Windows 10 somehow manages to pass through the sound to the interface but as soon as you install the driver, the sound disappears.

I'm disappointed in this product, having served me well for a a year or so. I think I'm the worst case scenario here because I reinstalled my Windows and still the same problem. I'm already losing time on my work.

Same here. Now I'm using it with a generic asio driver. I think it's a win10 driver problem.

My situation is similar, yet less complicated. I use the 2x2 interface with Win 10, and each month when I receive the Windows Update(s) the Tascam driver is disabled. That's when I get the 'no audio device' message in my DAW. To correct this, I go to (Windows) Add Or Remove Programs, left-click Tascam Driver, select Modify, select Repair and follow through. Then Restart. Then the 2x2 Settings Panel prompts with several windows - click through them and the driver is back in place with all audio restored. It's a PITA.

Hello everyone, I have the same problem with tascam US 1x2, it does not connect to the PC, I have Win 10, the USB light is blinking. I already reinstalled the drivers and nothing. Could someone solve it? What I can do? thank you

New threads

Members online

No members online now.