US- 4x4, the more I look into it the more problems there are

dukeeastwood

Gear owned
Tascam US 4x4 HR
It's getting absurd with this thing... first of all I install the drivers and software from the website;
that installs TWO programs, the "software mixer" and the "settings panel," which are the same thing in two separate programs... it's NOT the same software interface I see in the manual, so i check the site... site says it's the most current versions (v1.00 of the software, and V1.10 of the firmware... wait... what? what's the difference???? Either way when I download the firmware update it won't install, keeps saying "hardware not connected" even when it is. Well, maybe I could just verify which version my software is... according to the manual you can find this info in the "about menu" at the top... well in reality YOU CAN'T.

So I open my uninstall programs panal in windows where I see the version numbers finally... the "driver" as it's not called with a blue gear ( the "settings panel" in the start menu) is versions 1.12.12.20 and the settings panel (aka the software mixer(???????)) is version 4.0

JESUS CHRIST!!!! what are the people at Tascam thinking?????? these are inconsistencies you see in malware parading as something else so you avoid it.... but this is only the beginning... there is a reason I was looking into all this to get this far.

What, what, WHAT is mixing driver 1 and mixing driver 2?? Under the recording inputs there is mixing driver 1 and 2 AND a 3rd selectable input just called "microphone US 4x4 HR." None of this is in the manual... or online... what is all this?????

One upside is with ableton Live and Asio drivers it seems like the software is basically useless, all the settings revert when you close it anyway. But here's the real thing about this interface that burns my bacon...

I got a 4 output interface for a reason, to use ...... ..... FOUR outputs.
So why, Why, WHY is there only a gain control for outputs 1 -2 ON the interface??????Either have 1-2 and 3-4, 4 separate knobs or NONE at all... WHY TF IS THE ONLY ONE FOR 1-2?????
UNBELIEVABLE.... who is working at this company... fire everyone of them and get someone with some common goddamn sense

Last edited:
that is incredibly frustrating I bet, I feel your pain.

if it's a recent purchase from new I'd return it and buy something different.

Reactions: shredd
if it's a recent purchase from new I'd return it and buy something different.
What he said. TOTALLY. Sounds like this unit is unwilling/unable to play nice with others!!!:confused:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.