US-800 and Windows 10

Sockfoot

Gear owned
Tascam US-800
I have a 'brand new', never opened... US-800 that was misplaced by mistake. Didn't even know I had it. I'm about to get a new laptop with Windows 10 64bit. Has anyone tried these two together? I know it's discontinued but I'd really like to use it if drivers could be found. I know Tascam hasn't uploaded any. Thanks for any available information you may have.

I had issues with Windows in the past only recognizing 2 channels, but I have not connected my US-800 since upgrading to Win10.
I never had any issues with it on my MacBook Pro though.

My US-800 is working fine on Windows 10. I just loaded the drivers from the disc as per instructions. I follow a specific sequence whenever I use it: boot Windows, plug the US-800 into a USB 2 port (had problems using a USB3 port; fortunately my laptop has one USB2), power it up, then open the US-800 control panel. Then I open Cubase and it sees the US-800 ASIO drivers. I seem to recall I initially ran into problems doing things in a different sequence.

Recently I got the Windows 10 anniversary update. The next time I used the interface, Windows went through a loading drivers routine when I powered it up. I just let Windows do its thing until it was done, then rebooted and everything was OK.

As of 11/25/2019 my Tascam US-800 is still working fine with the current version of Windows 10. On thing though - if you're loading it for the first time or if you're reloading the OS, be CERTAIN that you load the driver software from the CD BEFORE connecting the device to the computer. Otherwise, Window will install a different driver that doesn't work and you can't get rid of. I made this mistake when I had to reload Windows from scratch. The only way I found to fix it was to reload Windows from scratch again.

Reactions: -mjk-
I just loaded the Tascam US-900 drivers on my WIN10 laptop, and thought I had followed your sequence correctly, but something must have gone wrong, because when I started going through the Cubase LE 5 setup, when I got to the point where I needed to select "US-122MKII/US-144MKII", in the Device Setup window for the correct ASIO drivers, all I have is "No Drivers" | "ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver." | "Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver". What did I do wrong?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.