US1800 - USB led indicator on but no connection to PC

JavierRL

Gear owned
US 1800
Hi all. I´m having trouble with my US-1800. I use it as my default sound card (music, movies, youtube, etc.) but yesterday I turned it off for a Skype call to use regular earbuds from my laptop´s mini plug.
When I turned it on again it never appeared in my -sound Devices´ list.
upload_2016-1-7_15-29-8.png
Then I found out, when I unplugged the unit to re-plug it again to see if the computer would recognize it then, that the USB led indicator kept on even though I unplugged the unit from the computer.
I proceeded to uninstall the drives to re install them but when the installation program asks me to plug the unit it wont pick it up, so I cant re install them!
Has anyone been there and know how to fix it?
Thanks!

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-7_15-26-46.png
    upload_2016-1-7_15-26-46.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
  • upload_2016-1-7_15-28-20.png
    upload_2016-1-7_15-28-20.png
    38 KB · Views: 6
The same thing happened to mine, and I still don't how to fix it. Have you had any progress? Mine doesn't register at all now on computer and the USB light won't come on even if it is plugged in.

Hi Javier! I'm Marcos from Argentina. I need to ask you a question. I have the same problem that you have with the Tascam US-1800.
Do you find a solution? I took the device to some people who know, but they didn't find whats wrong. Can you please help me?
Thank you, Javier!

New threads

Staff online

Members online