USB Interface for DM?

kvanallen

Gear owned
DM-3200
Sorry if this has been posted and covered to death before - the forum will not let me search for:

"Interface"
"USB"
"Card"
"USB Interface"
"Interface card"

So, I am stuck having to post for an answer.

I would love to be able to use my DM-3200 with a laptop both in my studio and in the field. Laptops have now gotten powerful and inexpensive enough to make this quite a viable option. Anyone know of plans to create a USB interface card for this desk?

Otherwise, I might just have one for sale...

Ken

Why not use FireWire? If you want a laptop that has given up FireWire in favor of Thunderbolt, Tascam reports the DM FW card works fine with the Apple brand adapter.

I do have the FW interface, and really like it.

The reason for USB is that an increasing number of manufacturers are eschewing FW for USB, as the chipset is less expensive. I believe the standard is not going to last - obviously an arguable point. Anyway - I really don't like the idea of paying more for computer equipment just to get FW.

Still don't get it. If you buy a computer today with FireWire, it's going to last you for many years. As for paying extra for FW... I don't think that's the case.

You are talking a bout at this as if you need to buy a new computer every six months.

Anyway, I agree they FireWire is liking dying out, but in favor of Thunderbolt, and your FW card should work fine with an adapter.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.