User Videos - Add Your Instructional Videos Here

For what it's worth,
is instructional in the same vein as the 424 to Model 12 video I posted above. @-mjk- perhaps a new Model sub-thread on dawless Model usage?

Reactions: -mjk-
@Matthew Fogel I've been working to organize these videos. I spent some time going through them and quite frankly, they are all awesome videos. In trying to sift through what might be useful for support I moved some of them here: Song Mixes: Tracks for review and critique | TASCAM Forums Those performances deserve to be heard (in this case also seen) and available for the community to comment on. The associated comments about those particular videos were moved too. That forum has a new thread called Videos. To be honest, there weren't that many that were moved.

This solution does present issues however, as normally each song posted would have it's own thread. So, those of you who posted those videos originally can re-post to that forum as individual threads and I will delete the videos in the single thread. Just please let me know.

The above video that you mentioned by @Doing It Dawless , and all the others, are very important to the forum and are very instructional (as well as showcasing some staggering talent). In this case, this video should probably be posted in both forums.

The contributions these videos have made to the forum are immense and we all thank the creators for them.

@Matthew Fogel, instead of making a sub thread, I think we should consider (that means I should do it, lol) adding an index to the first post.

In a few days more I'm going to do some housekeeping and remove the discussion posts about this tread, leaving only the videos and the comments about them.

My only regret in trying to organize this section of the forum is that I may have inadvertently made some feel that they did something wrong or that their content was not welcome or relevant. That is not the case. It's only about organization. Thanks.

@Gtelefon that is a very interesting video! I love stuff like this. Thank you for making such a detailed video description. I think that most anyone would be able to duplicate your results because the explanation was so clear.

Let me ask you this: Is it possible/feasible to use the Model 12 to record to the Fostex 8 track instead of the SD recorder or a DAW? And, then, is it possible to mix the tracks from the Fostex to the SD recorder? I think that's what you're doing, but a video would be about as cool as it gets!

Thanks!

Reactions: Gtelefon
I would think you could easily capture a multitrack performance 8 tracks in “live mode” direct to the Fostex tape (either in plaice of OR in addition to recoding on SD card) exactly the same way shown in the video.

Note that the Model 16 has more busses and outs than the Model 12 plus a discrete “control room” monitor out.

So if I am not mistaken, the Model 12 would max out at 6 channels out rather than 8 or 9 like the Model 16. Still, that means you can use all 6 of the Model 12’s ultra HDDA preamps and do live capture to tape.

Very cool idea Gtelefon!

…. the Model 12 would max out at 6 channels out rather than 8 or 9 like the Model 16.
Not 100% sure but it could be more than 6.
In one of the posts in Model 12/16/24 Tips & Tricks on this sub post number 17, hammarlund describes using the insert-enabled channels with a jack 1/2 plugged in to get a pre-fader output.
If that is feasible for input to the tape deck, we could have -
2 x Tracks (1&2) using the 1/2 insert outputs.
2x sub (L&R)
Aux 1
Aux 2
2x main (L&R)

A possibility?

I had a Fostex R8 back in the 90s - this discussion is making me quite nostalgic.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the video Gtelefon, great stuff... I use the Model 12 but this is same technique doable for sure.
I see from your Youtube description that you are using AUM as the Audio Unit host, and BLEASS for the effects. Even though this is a bit off topic, do you have any other vids or recommendations about the iPad side of how to best implement external effects in this way? i.e. favorite plugins, why you picked AUM etc.

Cheers, Rocky

Thanks for the playlist Gtelefon. I watched some of your other videos and they're great - really down to earth.
As result of your linked video I have downloaded and started using Mixbox. What a cool application, thanks for the tip - I am still playing with the free version, but may well fork out $80 to upgrade to the full version. One effect I'm most interested in would be a Multiband compressor, not sure if Mixbox includes one though...

Cheers, Rocky

Reactions: Gtelefon

New threads

Members online

No members online now.