Using an external preamp with Logoc Pro X

Greazygeo

Gear owned
dm-3200
Trying to set up my DM3200/ Logic to do some revamping. With some research on this forum, I can get the di signal out of the DM3200 now and to the ramp box. amplifier. I'm wanting to rout the microphone to an external mic preamp then its output into one of the Assignable returns and rout that into a channel in logic...How to I go about doing this?

Thanks for any help.

Well it appears that I lost the ability to send a signal out of a track from Logic thru the Assignable Send...it was working just fine and now nothing....Figured out how to get the signal back in thru the return and now the send doesn't seem to work. I think I am just about done with this mixer...Are there any other avenues for technical help on these?

I don't understand what you're trying to achieve. I don't know what you mean with "get the di signal out of the DM3200 now and to the ramp box". In the first post you're talking about a microphone and in the second you talk about a signal from a track in Logic. (?)

Could you describe the complete signal path of what you want to do, including the connection between the DM and 'Logic' (Firewire?).

Thanks for checking in. Basically I am trying to reamp some guitar tracks. I record a track thru a d.i. box plugged into a channel in the Dm into logic via the firewire card in slot 1.
Using the i/o utility in logic, I had been able to send that recorded track back out of the dm using assignable send 3.
From the send the track goes to the reamp box into the guitar amp. The track gets played thru the amp. I then mic the cabinet and the mic’d signal is sent to a mic preamp.
Out of the micpreamp the signal goes back into the dm via the external return thru the firewire card and back into logic on a new track.
I had it all working, went to do another new track and now I can’t get any signal out of the assignable send...is there a volume for that send maybe or a way it could be muted?

Mm, I'll have to be at my desk to see how this should be achieved, but take a look at the Output Routing tab.

If I remember the right side is Slot 1. Middle is ass send and left side aux 3 was changed to slot 1 track 3 and aux 4 was changed to slot 1 track 4. It worked at first, but now I can’t get it to do it.
I was having trouble with some panning issues that turned out to be the mono button being pushed in. Not sure what I may have messed up in the process of finding that. No signal has gone out of the dm since.

Do you maybe have a mixer scene you can reload from when all was hunky-dory?
I have a 'Basic Mixer' scene that I keep updated for when something weird happens, and it's my go-to starting point mostly (then 'save as' when a typical project is started..).

Not that I know of. Ive tried restarting both the mixer and Logic. Nothing changed.

New threads

Members online