Using Model 24 with Presonus Studio One 5 Artist

JohnSlam

Gear owned
Model 24
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I just got the Model 24 and was wondering if anyone has any experience migrating the Model 24 tracks over to Presonus Studio One 5 Artist?

I’m still on Studio One 4, but I have just coped the file to my desktop, then opened it up.

Reactions: JohnSlam
The way I do it is...

I either take the SD-card (where the song/tracks are recorded to) and put it into the computer via an SD-Card reader to an USB port on my computer and copy the wav-file from that unit to my DAW (Presonus Studio One in my case).

OR I go into the Model 24 menu and choose the "Storage Mode" and then the SD-card still inside the Model 24 will show up in Windows Explorer as a unit where you can copy the files to your computer or your DAW.

@Logrinn Shitt... missade din profil totalt.

Southern Sweden... var fanken då? Aneby/Eksjö/Nässjö/Jönköping eller till å med ännu mer söderut! :p

HE...eller kanske till å med some sort of "Southern Rock Of Sweden"... !?

Does.... Oak Lake City Boogie Band/Bernard Jenkins/Armada ring a bell??? Or even Pax Romana?

AKA: "The Small Countries" (=Småland = small/tiny counties of Sweden) cover band of Southern Rock"...like the origins of... Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers Band, 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, ELF, Marshall Tucker Band, Wet Willie etc...... etc...... etc..... !?

Last edited:
@Logrinn... Southern Sweden... var fanken då? Aneby/Eksjö/Nässjö/Jönköping eller till å med ännu mer söderut! :p
AKA: "The Small Countries" (=Småland = small/tiny counties of Sweden) !?

Ursprungligen från Malmö, men numera håller till strax utanför Lund.

Förresten - ”Oak Lake”, ”The Small Countries" :LOL: Briljant!

Reactions: Freebird
The way I do it is...

I either take the SD-card (where the song/tracks are recorded to) and put it into the computer via an SD-Card reader to an USB port on my computer and copy the wav-file from that unit to my DAW (Presonus Studio One in my case).

OR I go into the Model 24 menu and choose the "Storage Mode" and then the SD-card still inside the Model 24 will show up in Windows Explorer as a unit where you can copy the files to your computer or your DAW.

Hi Freebird. Thanks for responding. I guess I'm still not exactly sure what wav file to grab. On the Tascam, the MUSIC folder has the mixed down WAV file. And in the MTR folder there's many WAV files, most small, with several larger WAV files. Of course I would like to drag all of the tracks from the Tascam over to Studio One.

Hi JohnSlam!

Open a new empty song in Studio One. Go into Storage Mode on Model 24.
Go to Windows Explorer and find Model 24.
If you only want to master the Stereo Mix from channel 23-24 right click & drag those 2 files into Studio One.
If you want the whole song but without the Stereo Master... drag files 1-22 to Studio One.
Or all 24 for that matter if that's what you want. But do NOT drag the .sys-file or the .bin-files.

Studio One will automatically create new tracks for the imported files.

Furthermore... when in Storage Mode (or via SD-card reader) take the opportunity to copy all three folders from the Model 24 (MTR-Music-Utility), to some appropriate place on your HD.

Or even better... copy the WHOLE Model 24 folder. And now you have a total backup of everything that your SD-card have. Nice to have if the SD-card or even Model 24 itself gets any problem.:)

And one more thing... in Storage Mode you can actually MOVE sound from one channel to another. Say you have recorded on channel 1-2 and have used the "insert-jack" for effects. And then you want to use insert on more tracks... but they have no insert-jacks.:eek:

You can do the following:

The files in the MTR folder are named something like this: 01_210202_NR01_TR01.wav

If you have chosen to name the files in other ways... they will look a bit different.
But all files always ends with TR01, TR02 etc

Say you want to move TR01 & TR02 (the ones you have used the "insert" on) to channel 11-12.

Rename the TR11 & TR12 to something different like TR12--- or something like that.
Then rename TR01 & TR02 to TR11 & TR12

Then rename the "old" TR11--- & TR12--- to TR01 & TR02

And when you go out of Storage Mode and back to Model 24... now you have 2 new empty tracks on channel 1-2 ready for more "inserts". And on channel 11-12 you have former channel 1-2.:D

IMPORTANT: ONLY RENAME the TRxx part = the channel number. Everything else have to stay the same. And don't forget to keep the ".wav" at the end of the file.

EDIT: You may have to restart the Model 24 after doing this "track-swapping".

Last edited:
Thanks Freebird! I greatly appreciate the time you took to lay out this much detail for me!

Great job Freebird I describing this.

I would add that it’s not as hard as it sounds. Once you do it once it’s very easy. Becomes second nature and just part of the routine of managing your music files overall.

(That said, Tascam really should make the track swap common across the line... for those times when there is no PC around and ya need a track! unlike some features that really are architecture dependent, there really is no good excuse I can discern for this being only on the 12.)

Thanx @JSchmo_Bass & @JohnSlam :)

So true JSchmo_Bass... when you have done it a couple of times it definitely becomes "second nature" to do it. And I totally agree... this "issue" with Model 16/24 is definitely NOT a hardware/analogue problem, so there is no excuse for Tascam NOT to program this feature into a future firmware update! o_O:mad::evil:.............;)

Reactions: JohnSlam

New threads

Members online

No members online now.