Using the Aviom A-net card for a monitoring system

wm_b

Veteran
Gear owned
DM3200, DM4800 and DM24
There are a few companies that make monitoring systems that allow the client to control their own monitor mix on the fly during a session. If there's anything I hate about recording it's setting up 4 headphone mixes. I'd love to let the client do it from their position since it's awkward to deal with everyone chiming in with their personal requests. It's also a pain to not be able to easily expand beyond 4 mixes (DM3200 only has 4 aux sends, headphone amp only has 4 channels). The Aviom systems look like promising possibility. A native card for the DM3200/4800 and an expandable, modular system. Is anyone using one?

Also, it says they're limited to 44k and 48k, so that means I can't track at 96k? That's probably a deal breaker. I'd love to get some feedback from anyone using them with a Tascam console.

Cheers, William

I don't use such a system, but did research it - more particularly the Behringer Powerplay P16 system. Much more affordable and AFAIK almost identical specs. But, also this system would be fed with ADAT or TDIF out from the DM, so that would also mean 44k1 or 48k. To prevent this, a combination with an analog card (8x out) together with 4 aux outs could give enough channels to play with..

Thanks for the feedback. Apparently Hear Technologies has a new system that goes all the way up to 192 but I think I would realistically need to sell my DM3200 to buy a DM4800 because I don't have the expansion slots available. Hear Technology also makes an 8 channel system that I could use the AUX sends to feed. All I know is that I have to get away from this tiresome 4 channel headphone amp that I'm always have to tweak for individual mixes. I'd like to set myself and my clients free from all the back and forth.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.