Using the dr-60dmkii for tv show

DrJay

Hey Everyone,

big fan of TASCAM, I remember the days of using the 4 track portastudios. I am the producer/director on a new TV show that will be filming its first season in Central America starting in March. We have a big network that will buy the show once season 1 is complete, but the budget is up to us for now.

I am looking at the DR-60DMKII and wondering if that will be possible for our setup. The current setup is pretty basic but it goes like this

2 LAV AKG 2.4 ghz wireless units
1 akg shotgun either on camera or boom pole mounted for ambient/ safety track
2 wired LAV mics I think they are AKG, both plug into XLR jacks

Obviously we wont be using everything all at once, and each scene will depict a different setup.

I would like to use the DR-60DMKII as an ingest for our sound setup, our main cameras are the Canon XA20 models, small and not super powerful, but light enough to carry for 6 months of filming.

Can someone on this forum shed some light as to whether this model will be best. We could obviously take a larger mixer but I just do not see that as being necessary, and we are trying to run off of all battery devices (mostly because lots of locations are remote and have no power options but what we bring)

Thanks in Advance

Is anyone on these forums anymore, if not can anyone recommend an ACTIVE forum for these sort of questions!

This forum is very active with some sections being more active than others. If no one is responding to your question it may be simply because no one with experience with the gear you are asking about has read it yet. You could also do a google search for reviews if your not getting the quick response you had hoped for. Perhaps your local big chain music shop could point you in the right direction. Lastly, what do your TV colleagues suggest?

CMAFFIA

thanks for your reply, As I understand that model is also very new. I was hoping for some fast feedback. Thanks for getting back to me!

If you look in this section there are a few forum users who own this model. Perhaps you can private message them for their opinions and questions.

Thanks for the suggestion, you mean THIS section i am currently posting in correct?

I am new to the forum sorry

Yes. If you look at the topics in this section you will see several conversations regarding this model by owners. I would suggest reaching out to them if you need a quicker response. If you get an answer it would be nice to respond to your thread with an update to help build the knowledge base here.

I absolutely will do so, nothing burns me more then finding threads that just "dead end" even after we know the thread owner found what they needed.

you can count on me!

Reactions: cmaffia

New threads

Members online

No members online now.