Wavs not showing up

Tankra

Gear owned
Tascam DP-008EX
Hi, have a drum track my friend wants me to record over, got the file from him, put the file on the SD card, and
It’s not showing up in the import menu. But, it shows up on my SD card.
The song was not recorded on a Tascam DP-008, but, was just done in Logic. Other wav files I’ve tried putting on the machine from other portatstudios work fine, but, anything he sends me never shows up. And, I’ve tried a lot of different things and nothings working, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Two things to check.

File Name not longer than 15 characters.
The file Sample Rate is at odds with your Project Sample rate ie 44100 or 48000. Make sure they are the same.

Where can I check the sample rate for my guitar tracks, and compare them with the sample rate of his drum tracks. Because, everything I’ve ever recorded in the past year was either on a DP-006 (which, everything I’ve recorded on that imports finely to my new DP-008) but, everything he’s sent me doesn’t. So, where would I look in the files to make sure the sample rate is the same. And, if those sample rates were different, Is there any way using audacity to change this?

EDIT: looked this up myself and figured it out. Went into properties and compared the two
Sample rates of both files, then loaded up audacity and exported the wav he sent me to be the same sample rate, this fixed the issue.
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, really appreciate it.

Last edited:
@Tankra in an online collaboration, once of the first things that you need to all agree on, is the file format and resolution. Have a chat with your friend and figure that out. You'll save a lot of headache in the future.

That’s good advice. I’ll be keeping this in mind at all times when collaborating. But, it was really just an oversight on our part.
I’m new to digital recording, and hadn’t considered that the bit rate of different recordings should match for any reason other than sound qualities sake, or consistency. Though, it’s a basic concept, this is all still new to me. This was a good learning experience.

Reactions: dctdct and -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.