What is the best method to export tracks to DAW?

Ben J

Gear owned
Model 16
Hello,
I've imported backing tracks into Model 16 and then recorded live drums in sync with the backing tracks (the live drum recording sounds GREAT). Now I want to export my 4 individual drum tracks back to DAW (Logic Pro). What is the best method to do this? From what I can tell I can connect the Model 16 by USB into the DAW then real-time record from individual M16 tracks into Logic tracks, but there seems no way to precisely sync the start playback between Model 16 and Logic.
Am I doing it wrong? Is there a better way?
Thank for you any help!
BenJ

Hmm actually I'm not seeing signal from recorded drum tracks coming into Logic either.. I have Model 16 set as input device into Logic, Logic tracks set to get input from M16 tracks, M16 tracks on MTR mode, but nothing coming into Logic yet.

Nevermind, I figured out that I can connect the Model 16 by USB in Storage mode and then copy WAV files directly from a Model 16 song folder into DAW. This should be on page 50 of the Owner's Manual but it's missing.

Reactions: -mjk-
Just to add detail to the knowledge base, Connect the Model 16/24 to a computer with USB, enter Storage mode and then look in the Model's MTR folder, there are song folders with WAV files in them that can be copied over and loaded into a DAW for editing or whatnot.
Presumably you don't want to delete those files in the MTR folder because the Model's Song data will be referencing them.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online