BobV55

Veteran
From
Rhode Island
Website
www.anitabob.com
Gear owned
DP-24
Greetings to all...I was a long time member of the original Tascam Forums, headed by Bruce (Dr. Who), before his untimely passing. I had learned a great deal there about the original 2488, and when the forum dissolved, kept pushing myself to keep learning on my own.

Time moves on, and now my original 2488 lives at a friend's house, and I do our current work on the original DP-24 (with the CD burner). Nice machine, and works well once you get a feel for the new interface and using SD cards, which is actually quite handy. Once upon a time, I had purchased a Seagate hard drive to keep on hand in case the one in the 2488 rolled over, but never had to use it - it's still wrapped in bubble wrap in a drawer somewhere.

My user name on the old forum was pbassbob, but I couldn't use that again, as the forum shows it as used and not available, and I don't have the same email address as I've changed providers since then. Time moves on indeed. Enough babbling...let's look around a bit...

Hi Bob, we're glad you joined us again! I don't see pbassbob as taken by anyone, so if you'd like, I can rename your account back to that name.

Thanks for the offer, DJ X, but no need...I'll go with this and hope it represents an older, wiser, and sometimes moonlighting on guitar instead of just bass version of me.

Reactions: DJ X

New threads

Members online