WOW! 16x08 4.0 New Driver

Discussion in 'USB PC Audio Interfaces and Control Surfaces' started by Eti Lau, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Eti Lau

Eti Lau New Member

Gear:
    Tascam Us-16x08
    So far so good!
    Buffer size can be set to 4 SAMPLES!!!
    -mjk- likes this.
  2. Alex Merone

Alex Merone New Member

Gear:
    US 16x08
    The driver doesn't work for me! The device shows up in the settings panel, but then I try to play anything, and then it gives me a high pitched whine, and says "No Device"....Both lights are lit.

I'm especially frustrated because I can't figure out how to downgrade to the previous version. I emailed TASCAM support. I don't have the installation file anymore, and I can't find a download link on the website.

Update: Found the old drivers here: https://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/US-16x08 Will see how this goes

Update 2: Now my interface doesn't work on either driver. Randomly trying things hoping it will work, which is honestly not a new experience when it comes to this interface. I don't recommend the 16x08 to friends for this reason.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:50 AM
  3. Eti Lau

Eti Lau New Member

Gear:
    Tascam Us-16x08
    Unplug the power supply cable and the usb cable. Reboot the computer and re-plug everything. Be sure to select at least 64bit "Samples" in the 16x08 control panel.

On my Windows 10 computer I had to uninstall all USB bus controller in windows device manager -lost my mouse in process- and reboot the PC.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 7:50 PM