WOW! 16x08 4.0 New Driver

Eti Lau

Gear owned
Tascam Us-16x08
So far so good!
Buffer size can be set to 4 SAMPLES!!!

Reactions: -mjk-
The driver doesn't work for me! The device shows up in the settings panel, but then I try to play anything, and then it gives me a high pitched whine, and says "No Device"....Both lights are lit.

I'm especially frustrated because I can't figure out how to downgrade to the previous version. I emailed TASCAM support. I don't have the installation file anymore, and I can't find a download link on the website.

Update: Found the old drivers here: https://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/US-16x08 Will see how this goes

Update 2: Now my interface doesn't work on either driver. Randomly trying things hoping it will work, which is honestly not a new experience when it comes to this interface. I don't recommend the 16x08 to friends for this reason.

Last edited:
Unplug the power supply cable and the usb cable. Reboot the computer and re-plug everything. Be sure to select at least 64bit "Samples" in the 16x08 control panel.

On my Windows 10 computer I had to uninstall all USB bus controller in windows device manager -lost my mouse in process- and reboot the PC.

Last edited:
As I said in other answers, my experience of installing the latest drivers and then rolling back to previous ones always remains problems. I solved by updating the USB drivers of the PC and making a clean installation of the new Tascam drivers ... Try and let me know, it seems that the update of the windows usb drivers works

New threads

Members online