X48 - Host Not Responding

Discussion in 'TASCAM X-48 and X-48MKII' started by Nelson McSwain, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Nelson McSwain

Nelson McSwain New Member

Gear:
    x48
    When I try to boot up my X48 I get an error message that says Host not responding, please see owners manual. Well I'm not able to find anything about the issue in the manual. After several tries the recorder starts but this is an issue that will make the recorder hard to sell and that's what I'm trying to do. Any help?
  2. wkrbee

wkrbee Active Member

Outside the Emerald City
    Try reloading the BIOS settings. Tascam has them and the procedure.
  3. Peter Drake

Peter Drake New Member

Gear:
    X48, DM3200, DVRA1000
    Note - Firstly, if you haven't done it, change out the battery (CR2032) on the motherboard - You also need a PS2 keyboard (not USB), otherwise you won't be able to get into the BIOS and check it / reset it.

The 'sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't' is also consistent with potentially the power supply caps being bad - known problem on some units - TASCAM got a bad batch which ended up in the X48's - this will also cause the same response.

Also there are other threads in this forum on this subject that will lead you to the BIOS settings download 'X48 bios set up' - links / downloads on pages 1 and 2

Good Luck if you haven't fixed it yet.