Zoom Setup - DM and PC Windows 10

HiFiDavid

Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
OK, Sign of the times!
I want to setup my DM to work with Zoom so I can manage remote work. I've had lots of experience with Zoom, and with DM using ASIO, etc. on Cubase.

Currently, I can have Zoom audio coming out from PC to DM on a pair of stereo channels through the FW, and sounds fine. Coming from my board into ZOOM however has no signal.

I think I need help with routing. I'd like all the output of the board to go to Zoom.
Anyone else doing this?

Quick Update..
I can also use Driver App to assign dm channel pair to WDM Channel 1 and 2. In this case, Zoom does see whatever DM channel I assign to those first two WDM Channels. Is there a way to assign the Main Stereo Out to a pair of Internal Channels on the DM, then I can map to Channel 1 and 2 on the Zoom/WDM audio ports.
I know I'm close here, again, I think it's my routing/buss outputs that I need help with...

Assuming you have the IF/FW-DM, go to the Output Slot page (under Routing). In the middle (Terminal Select), make sure the selection is SLOT1 Trk 1-8, then on the left (Output Select) under 1 and 2, select Stereo Out L and Stereo Out R, respectively. Now you have tied the Stereo L and R channels to the IFFW Outputs 1 and 2. Done!

Yes! That was it. Sweet. Thank You.
So I have both WDM and ASIO working at the same time. ASIO drives my Cubase for all channels. Then I use WDM Channel 1 and 2 routed to DM Channel 15 & 16. PC audio like Zoom and YouTube, etc goes into the board, and out via ASIO to Cubase. I can record any internet audio this way and mix it fine in Cubase.

Zoom is like the opposite, so this fixed that fine. Now anything on the DM is also routed to anything on the Internet, like Zoom.

Reactions: Arjan P
Assuming you have the IF/FW-DM, go to the Output Slot page (under Routing). In the middle (Terminal Select), make sure the selection is SLOT1 Trk 1-8, then on the left (Output Select) under 1 and 2, select Stereo Out L and Stereo Out R, respectively. Now you have tied the Stereo L and R channels to the IFFW Outputs 1 and 2. Done!

So I spoke too soon.... This directed whatever was in the DM Channel 1 & 2 to the stereo in on the Windows 10 Box, but I want the entire/all channels to go in to the Windows Box. Is there some way to direct a BUSS and then assign all the channel/inputs to that buss and have it go into the Windows Box? Is there another way I'm not seeing? DM and DM Manual is not very intuitive sometimes... Thanks..

Using buses is more complicated, but it can be done ofcourse. Please follow my steps one by one and literally, I might be condensing things without realizing. It really should work as described.

BTW, I don't know what you mean by 'stereo in' on Windows, because Windows should have all 32 channels from the IF-FW available. So there is either no stereo or there are 16 pairs of stereo.

I can understand why it is confusing, as it is counter to what we want to usually do. Yes, your help shows I have all 32 channels (WDM Windows) going from IF-FW and it works fine. I want to "route" and I use that word loosely, all the 32 channels into only 2, the first 2 channels on Windows. Like mixing em down to only 2 channels, then passing those 2 channels to the first 2 channels through the WDM driver to windows. That's why I was thinking some kind of buss function. If I side-chain say, the first 32 channels to buss 1 and buss 2, is there a way to output the two busses to windows as only a stereo pair which windows now sees as a "mix" from the DM?

This may actually be leaning toward another thread already out there somewheres...

Last edited:
OK, through much tweaking and knob twisting it is working. Here is what I did,
Assigned (side-chained) first 30 channels to buss 1 and 2 ...left 31 and 32 free
Panned buss 1 and buss 2 (L/R)
ROUTING - INPUT screen assigned CH31 input to B1 / D1 and CH32 to B2/D2 (using loopback master source select from the box on the lower right)
Using your great tip, in ROUTING - OUTPUT SLOT , selected SLOT 1 Trk25-32 in the terminal select
OUTPUT SELECT shows Slot 1 Trk 25-32 and I changed 7 and 8 at the bottom to STEREO -L and STEREO -R
Go over to windows and in the IF-FW/DMmkII Control Panel, in the WDM box assign the channel 31 and 32 from the DM to the first two input channels

Now all the channels mix together through the two busses, to the channel faders, to windows.

whew..

Now I have all my gear going to Cubase channels separately as normal, and a side chain mix of everything going to ZOOM.

Last edited:
Glad you got what you wanted, but the way I see it you have done as I suggested, only now the Stereo L/R outputs are routed to channels 31-32 and not channels 1-2 as was your plan?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.