16x08 driver extremely buggy/inconsistent

Steven DiLeo

Gear owned
Tascam 16x08
I'm running software version 2.10 0048 and firmware 2.00 0022 and my main DAW is cakewalk, i've never run into these issues using other audio interfaces.

When I load cakewalk, occasionally I'll get a "no audio devices found" and within cakewalk I can choose either the mixing driver, or the regular driver from the 16x08. Sometime's when I choose from my windows playback devices I choose my mixing driver as my default sound device, it shows different options within what sound devices in cakewalk are available to choose.

For example if I choose the mixing driver as my default windows sound device, then within cakewalk I would have the option (sometimes) to choose between the regular default 16x08 driver, or the 16x08 mixing driver. Typically when I have the mixing driver set as my default windows sound device, only the mixing drive appears within cakewalk. However I do not believe I've EVER been able to get the mixing driver within cakewalk to output any sound.

Typically I have to change my windows audio device to the default 16x08 non mixing driver. Then within cakewalk I get the option to choose the default non mixing 16x08 driver. However, randomly it will bug out and tell me that no devices exist. This leads me to restarting the machine, or the hardware itself, which sometimes would fix it. Now though, even those have not been resetting the driver, and I've been having to re-install the driver any time it decides it doesn't want to work.

You can imagine my frustration, when i'm wanting to dive into cakewalk, or in the middle of a project, only to be thwarted by these random glitches. I'm not sure if it's just on my side or if anyone has experienced anything similar, or if there are any suggestions that could be had. I'm all ears at this point though!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.