An old fashioned routing question?

wm_b

Veteran
Gear owned
DM3200, DM4800 and DM24
I'd like to bring a signal into a cardslot input, assign that input to a channel on the board to eq and compress it and then and have that channel output to a cardslot output. Basically I'd be using the channel as an insert with the card slot being the IO. Is that possible? I was hoping I could assign the channels of interest to a bus and then assign the bus output to a cardslot output but I didn't seem to succeed at that like I hoped. I don't think the bus outputs are assignable to anything but the main output. I could be wrong.

Thanks for that referral. I have to sit down in front of the mixer and try this again. I've been using my DM3200 and 4800 in a certain way for a long time and now I've changed from the Tascam firewire card to a Motu 112D (which is awesome and a great way to keep the DM mixers relevant in 2018) but now the way I route is totally changing up. The Motu is handling the routing as it applies to the computer and is the hub for all my digital gear. The Tascam can still control protools, my monitors, route and process internally for whatever functions I need for the housePA and client monitoring system in my studio.

This did the trick. I've never really thought about the right to left thing. I've always felt pretty confident about routing in the board but I guess I've never really been that challenged in this setting. This application definitely isn't anything like my previous uses.

One strange thing is that now when I solo the channels that are the main outputs for my computer they get significantly louder. Not sure what's up with that.

Glad it works. The louder sound with soloing is a setting that can be changed. Under the Options screen there is a Solo tab where you can select PFL, AFL and Inplace Solo. With Inplace, the level should remain the same. See p.48 of the (3200) manual.

New threads

Members online