Anyone get their Tascam USB 16x8 to work with Windows 10?

Ardour is exactly what I use. I did some test runs with it this morning. It took me a little while to get QJackctl to recognize it, but it all seems to be working now. I can export all my WAV files after the recording and put them in my favorite Windows DAW. I'm mainly going to be using this to record live band rehearsals and demos.

Reactions: Paco
Sounds good! I may install W7 on a separate partition, then install Sonar X3 Studio again. I will have to reach out to Toontrack to get more authorizations for my EZDrumme2, though.

Reactions: williew705
Do not install Windows 10 until TASCAM comes out with a Windows 10 driver for the US16x08 otherwise you will not be able to use it except in standalone mode.

Just heard from the Tascam Facebook page that WX drivers for 16x08 is in final testing. Seems timed along with the release of the new 20x20 device, but so long as we can use our device in WX, then I'm gravy.

Ardour is exactly what I use. I did some test runs with it this morning. It took me a little while to get QJackctl to recognize it, but it all seems to be working now. I can export all my WAV files after the recording and put them in my favorite Windows DAW. I'm mainly going to be using this to record live band rehearsals and demos.

Hi williew705, if you don't mind my asking, how did you get QJackctl/ALSA to recognize it? I just got a US-2x2 to use with Ardour and have had no luck. I figure it is probably a similar process to whatever you did. Thanks!

Since my original post I have gone back to my Windows setup, but I'll tell you what I can remember. I had read on an Ubuntu thread that it helps to have the interface powered on and plugged in, before you start the computer. After that I had to open my QJack settings and select the interface. When it is working right, you should see all the various inputs in your routing options. It was pretty temperamental, but can work if it's your only option and you are patient.

Reactions: Plenus
I actually got mine to work on Windows 10. I was running Windows 7 Ultimate and Presonus Studio One 2. 05. I could not get the interface to work at all. As a last resort I down loaded windows 10, reloaded the drivers and the interface began working immediately. I really didn't have to change anything on my PC either. Works like a charm now!

I contacted the Tascam people via email and they were doing everything to help me. I was surprised I received quick replies. However everything they suggested I try for Windows 7 wasn't working. Here is one thing they suggested for Windows 7. Might work for someone else having issues.

If you're on Windows 7 it could be that you don't have the Windows update that includes the SHA-2 certificates that the US-16X08 and US-20X20 drivers require. KB3033929 was released in March 2015, it adds "SHA-2" certificates to Windows 7.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3033929

I got mine to work on Windows 10, too.
I use Windows 10 Pro Build 1709.
My DAW is FL Studio and I use ASIO4ALL v2.14 (that's really important!!!)

The driver thing was a bit difficult to figure out, but after some reinstalls it started working.
However, my audio in FL was stuttering every two seconds after setting my interface up correctly when using the 16 inputs in ASIO4ALL. I found out, that I had to disable all recording and playback devices related to the interface in the Windows audio settings.
But after that I still got some weired distortion and crackling when using the interface a couple of minutes. I fixed that by upgrading ASIO4ALL v2.13 to 2.14. They added some workaround in the latest version and it works great at the moment.

New threads

Members online